Booking Terms and Conditions
We have tried to keep our Booking Terms and Conditions as simple and as fair as possible. If you want to know more or have any questions whatsoever please get in touch with us directly.
Snowdonia Guided Walks is owned and operated by:
01824 703 121
"Guide/s" refers to Mountain Leaders (or higher award holders), Assistant Mountain Leaders or other persons contracted by Original Outdoors for this activity.
"Activity" refers to an individual booking or trip - i.e. a guided walk along the Rhyd Ddu path to the summit of Snowdon, or a day of easy Grade 1 scrambling on Moel Siabod.
"Client" refers to the person responsible for the booking with Original Outdoors
"Participant" refers to any persons participating in the activity.
- For standard guided walks and scrambling activities the full amount listed on the relevant page (at the time of booking) is due to secure the booking for the chosen date.
- For bespoke and group/challenge walks a booking deposit of 25% is due upon booking and is non-refundable. The balance of monies owed must be paid 14 days before the walk takes place. The booking is confirmed as soon as the deposit money has cleared. Please also note that if the walk is cancelled by the client then no monies will be refundable.
- Payment can be made by cheque, BACS or by Paypal electronic request. We regret that we cannot accept cash through the post or payment on the day.
- If it becomes necessary for Original Outdoors to cancel a standard guided walk or scrambling activity prior to the date, we will endeavour to arrange another mutually convenient date with the client. If however this is not possible then any monies already paid will be refunded in full, but no other costs incurred by the client.
- If it becomes necessary for Original Outdoors to cancel a bespoke or group/challenge walk prior to the date we will endeavour to arrange another mutually convenient date with the client. If however this is not possible then the any monies already paid will be refunded less the 25% booking deposit, but no other costs incurred by the client.
- Any activity tickets/vouchers purchased in advance (i.e. as a gift voucher) are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another date unless agreed in writing. Original Outdoors can allow the tickets/vouchers to be transferred to a third party so long as the new client completes a booking form prior to the event and all other booking terms and conditions are met.
- The client/participant must acknowledge that all walking/ climbing activities are dangerous and the client/participant must take responsibility for his/her own safety. Attention is drawn to the British Mountaineering Council Participation Statement. The BMC Participation Statement says that: The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.
- Personal injury, equipment or travel insurance is not included in an activity booking with Original Outdoors and we recommend that the client or participants seek it out through a third party if they determine that they need it. There is currently no charge for search and rescue services in the UK. Original Outdoors holds Public Liability insurance for the activities we provide.
- Original Outdoors reserve the right to make changes to the course/walk because of changeable events such as weather, accident, injury and any other occurrence which the guide may determine would pose a risk to the client/participant. The client will be notified as soon as possible by either telephone or email, or in person.
- All clients/participants must be over 18 years of age at the date of the activity unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- All clients must inform Original Outdoors and their Leader on the activity day of any allergy, medical condition which may be pertinent to their safety and well-being. Any notification will be treated with the strictest confidence, and Original Outdoors or the guide reserves the right to halt the activity if an un-disclosed medical condition.
- The guide will have the final decision as to whether any member of the party who is inadequately clothed or prepared may be turned back. This may result in the group being turned back. This also includes an inability to move confidently and safely in the terrain the activity takes place in, due to temporary or permanent factors. There will be no refund of monies paid in this case.
- If the guide determines that the weather has deteriorated enough to make continuing the activity dangerous, there will be no refund of monies paid.
- If the guide determines that the client or a participant becomes ill, injured or uncooperative, then the guide may turn the group back. There will be no refund.
- We reserve the right not continue with the activity if the client/participant does not bring the items on the required equipment list. There will be no monies refunded in this case. For group bookings the guide may choose to not allow individual participants to continue with the activity if they do not have the required items with them.
- There is no accommodation, food or transportation included in our advertised activities unless specifically stated.