Equipment List for Snowdonia Guided Walks
This is our standard kit list for all of our guided walks. This list is for guidance and a definitive kit list will be sent to you upon your booking.
Items below in bold are required items and we regret that if you arrive without those items your guide can refuse to take you into the mountains. These are required for your own safety.
If you have any questions about the equipment list or anything else you might need to bring you can also get in touch directly.
Feet and Footwear
- Walking boots with a good tread depth (at least the thickness of a £1 coin)
- Walking socks that are comfortable
Legs and Upper Body
- Walking trousers, non-cotton (NO JEANS!)
- Waterproof trousers
- Base layer shirt or tshirt
- Fleece (or any non-cotton insulating layer)
- Waterproof jacket
Head and Hands
- Hat and gloves
Luggage and Bags
- Rucksack (comfortable enough to carry all day)
- Waterproof pouch or bag for mobile phone if carried
- Lighting and Electronics
- Head torch
- Mobile phone
Eating and Drinking
- At least 1-1.5 litres of water
- Food and snacks for the day
Other Personal Items
- Personal Safety and Health
- Small first aid kit
- Any medication normally required, including inhalers, GTN spray etc
Do I need a map and compass for Snowdon
As this is a kit list for walks accompanied by a mountain leader then you won't need a map and compass. However, if you are heading into the mountains of the U.K. without a guide then you will absolutely need a map and compass, and know how to use them.